Still working on Country Blue & Pink ColorBlast Quilt. More sashings added and three rows sewed together. Crib size lizard quilt is finished and just in time. This is the first time that minky was used by either of us for a backing. The baby (step-nephew) is scheduled to be born next week by C-section. I need to finish the borders on the gray- multicolored batik quilt, then it will be ready for Tanya to baste.
(Richard will post more pictures on its own post late wed, as it will be completed in its own post, but here is a sneak peak).
(Yes its sideways (or so for me) in my editor it was up and down. I am adding pictures for Tanya on our computer set up in the quilt room, but its not being nice to me, but hey here are pictures)
Things Tanya is working on:
More blocks partially done on Meagan's quilt out of the Amelia line. They still need a blanket stitch around raw edge appliques. There a few without appliques added yet. 10 of 20 blocks are mostly done. The blocks have a lot of variation in colors, some with appliques, some without. Once they are done, Richard will sew sashings and add borders on them. Then I will baste them and Richard will quilt it. Yes, mine seem to be more of a joint project than a personal one.
Two more of the Beginners QAL blocks are finished that haven't been shown yet.
The purple rag quilt with appliques is frustrating me (Tanya). Richard makes it seem so easy to sew them together. After unpicking one row several times, because nothing was lining up, I set it to the side and it has been there for almost a month.
Twirl crib size quilt top made by me, has been basted and now Richard is practicing random free motion quilting on it. Julia seems to be our scape goat for her quilts.
(Richard here again, jumping in I tried to take some pictures of the FMQ that I did for practice, but it did not show up well, I did my FMQ a few different ways. We bought some stencils of some waves and flowers, and a larger stippling template. On each end of the quilt we have the flower - wave - flower -wave -flower pattern. Then I used the large stippling pattern and did 4 of the blocks. Then I did 2 other blocks by hand stippling and lastly I tried to do pebbles. On the pebbles I was having a lot of issues holding the quilt (Fat hands and no gloves to hold with need to go shopping). I ended up just sorta scribbling on the quilt and my wife threatened to pick it out and I would not let her (Remember practice) Any way at a stale mate on it now. But it is about 1/8 th of the way quilted.)
The first of 3 various purple themed quilts is started. The first is a quilt top for Debbie (Tanya's stepmother). We are doing 6 blocks Double Churn and 6 blocks Rail Fence or some modification there of. I cut the fabric for the first six blocks and Richard sewed the 2 1/2 in strips and HST together. Next I started sewing them together. I finished 5 of the six blocks. They would have been done,but I ran out of thread in bobbin, just as it was time to start thinking about going to work.
(Thank you Tanya for making the post tonight. I have been in a ho-hum mood and been slacking as to my blog posting and she helped me out today. One last note James took a picture of some of my quilts that are for sell on etsy and I wanted to share them with you as that also is a WIP to try and sell some of the extra quilts we have.)
(Yes he covered every inch of the reclaimed front room floor (my old sewing space) with the quilts)
(Well one more item Tanya wants me to remind you all that we have until midnight Thursday to link up to the LAFF with prizes and get a chance to win 2 of the above FQ's).