This was supposed to be a baby quilt when it started. When I designed this out in EQ7, Tanya told me it was a bit small, so I made it bigger. Well it went from baby size to a decent size lap quilt.
It actually measures 58 by 59 inches. I was going for a modern squares look and feel, which I think turned out well. The plan was to do a pattern for this quilt which I would like to still do. I wanted it to be a baby size quilt, so I will have to rescale my quilt a little to be the size I want it to be. It was supposed to be around 40 by 40 inches.
We didn't have a wide back and had already purchased the floral fabric for the baby sized version. We sewed some off white to both sides and made our back work for us.
The blank space on the background was quilted in wonky boxes. The machine I used doesn't have a guide, but is much faster. The other machine finally got repaired. The third repair shop did the trick, but Tanya and I basically switched machines. I use the Janome 1600P-QC (straight line only machine) and she is using the Janome 6300 Memory Craft. It is nice to not have to share a machine again. This allows us both to work on different quilting project with out having to re-thread the machine all of the time or move each others projects.