Last week I went though a paper piecing kick. Part of which was instigated by my modern quilt guild. They are planning a training on paper piecing tonight and I figured I needed to figure it out before hand. I believe we plan to do a challenge but I don't remember for sure.
I created the pattern for this block my self on EQ7. Some one on Pintrest commented that it looks like the top of a pineapple. I made 4 of my blocks and toyed with how I wanted to put it together. As you can see above and below was my 2 choices. I of course chose to point them in.
To me it remines me of a trap with spines on it that you could stick your hand into and get caught in. I know not a great name but hey I was not going for a name but rather going for trying something a little harder then the last paper pieced block I made.
The back of the quilt I sewed 2 triangles on to use to hang it up. One interesting thing on this quilt is I also free motion stitched it in the ditch. And of course the back is made from scraps. All of the material in this project was just left over stuff in the stash.