This newest quilt of mine has actually been done for a few days now (well like 2 weeks ago). I finished it the night before my new Janome sewing machine showed up. Though it took a few days for Tanya to cut it up. Tanya and I have a good deal going on these rag quilts I sew the rows together and she cuts them. If you have never done a rag quilt it takes a little bit of time to cut it up.
This quilt has a long history of progress I first blogged about this quilt on my January 22 post named "Some one hide my CC". When Tanya and I first bought this material we knew that we wanted to make 2 quilts one for her dad and one for her brother. My wife is from a Rural town (I am from the City) and both of them are a salt of the earth type of people they are no more happy then working out in the fields on one of the John Deere's that they use.
We completed the first of our 2 quilts named Tractors on Patrol for my father in law back in April. It really did turn out to be a wonderful lap blanket. It was not quite big enough in our opinion for Cody my wife's brother he is Tall well over 6 feet tall. Nolan's quilt was 9 rows wide and 12 long. We decided to do Cody's bigger and when we went put it to gather to sew we realized we were short material. So we threw all the stuff in a box and latter bought another JD print for the top and another one for back. I should point out that this rag quilt is flannel on the back and cotton on the top.
When I finished this quilt I realized I have enough left over blocks to do a random baby size quilt so you will see at least one more JD quilt out of me so look forward to that in the future.