Today I get to show off our newest quilt. This quilt looks beautifu,l but it almost killed me making it. I discovered all the ways to not do half square triangles. I used a method to create the blocks by sewing 2 7 inch squares all the way around. Then you cut diagonally on the bias. I did not ever understand the issue with bias tell I decided to sew 2 bias cut peices back together again. Any way I think the quilt ended up wonderful and it is on our Etys store at https://www.etsy.com/listing/109021822/baby-girl-patchwork-quilt-out-of-twirl HST Quilt
All in all I think it turned out fantastic.
This last Saturday Tanya and I went to the SLMQG sewing Saturday. This is the 4th activity I have gone to with the guild and I enjoyed it a lot. The goal for the day was to work on charity quilts. Here is a few pictures I took.
This last picture is what Tanya and I worked on, the fabric was donated from http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/ to go to the http://phoenixquilts.blogspot.com/ Tanya and I will be making 3 lap size quilts for them you will see more on this later.