So to start off with I am going to show my completed top (I might still add borders but not really sure yet). The top looks cute and it really is not what I expected. I guess I should start at the beginning. I created on Electronic Quilt 7 (fantastic quilt design software if you have never heard of it a picture)
Here is a print out of my quilt design (the lines drawn all over the white area is to represent the pieces I would sew together it was a huge puzzle). Well one thing that I sorta messed up on up front is my dimensions, I was planning to make a baby quilt. I put some generic blocks into the program and free handed the blocks I was going to add. Oh I guess I should point out is this picture needs to be flipped left or the top picture flipped right to line up. Any way I had in my head that each block on my picture above was 2 inches. I had planned for a baby quilt of around 44 inches square.
So any way I started sewing
And sewing and sewing and sewing.
And it got later and later and later and later.
Any way I around 3 am ( I started at 9 pm) realized that I had some sort of problem. Hum this thing looks tons bigger then I had envisioned it in my drawings. I finished my quilt at 4 am and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning I showed my wife my 58 or so inch baby quilt. Ok well, maybe not a baby quilt. Any way, Tanya laughed and she asked me what I did wrong. LOL I quilted too late at night, When I designed my quilt I said that my blocks were 6 inch blocks and then I made them more like 12 inch in size. Oh well, I think it turned out cute, but it does give you a chance to laugh at me.
Oh and as I have said in the past I always make 2 or more tops at a time. I have the colored squares cut out for the 2nd "Modern Baby Quilt" that is more like a modern lap quilt. Ha ha, I think the thing that really bugged my wife most is that the back she ordered for the 2 quilts will almost cover the back of the 1 I made with no room left over. So she has to go shopping again.