This is one of those quilts that didn't turn out quite the way we wanted. We ended up with a few minor puckers (don't you mean major, Hush Richard). To add insult to injury, the binding color choices didn't quite do what I had hoped. We did a scrappy binding with two colors. Have you ever had those quilts that you don't seem to love as much? There is nothing functionally wrong with it, just not one of our favorites. There is a similar top waiting in the UFO pile. It still needs a back and binding. We decided to use the back we had previously bought for another quilt.
Now that Tanya is done talking, I will say a little. I loved the idea for this quilt and Hate how it turned out. Mostly I hate how I quilted it. I tried to do something different to prevent puckers and I think I caused a hundred times more. I quilted in the same direction as the 2 1/2 inc row strips. I quilted one row skipped 3-4 quilted another and did the same thing all the way across quilt. I flipped it around and quilted a row skipped a few then quilted.
The Idea was that if I sewed both directions then it would not look like the quilt pulled one direction on one half and then pulled the other direction on the other half. What in reality happens is every single row looks like its being tugged against each other. Oh well.
The good thing is we have plenty of friends having babies and once I give it away I will never have to see it again (accept maybe at church in the hands of the baby) and then I can just forget how much I hate the quilt. LOL. Live and learn they say.